Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tiles  (Read 960 times)

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
tiles
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:44:07 pm »

can anyone point me in the right direction for creating tile sets?  i have no idea how to do it and i want to make some.  will share.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: tiles
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 02:38:22 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Tilesets

That should be everything you need.

If you want more specific help, I could give you my MSN or Yahoo messenger thing.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:08:44 am »

thanks!  looks pretty easy, but i guess i'll see!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:16:15 am »

It's fairly straight forward, if you want to make it easier on yourself, download a tile set the size you're going to make it and change it accordingly. Paint is simple enough to use, but if you feel like getting a little creative, you could always try gimp, it's a little harder to get used to if you rarely using computer drawing programs.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:17:59 am »

i've got CS3, so thats ok.  its pretty much the technical side i need to wrap my head around.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:38:46 am »

Alright well, it's pretty self explainable on the wiki, other than that. Have fun.