Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Quick" scenarios  (Read 2153 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Quick" scenarios
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 04:12:29 pm »

Upright spike traps and ballista will kill friendlies - as will water and magma. Though they won't stay friendly for long.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
Re: "Quick" scenarios
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 05:53:36 pm »

Any suggestions? I think that scenarios that have a limited duration can be stimulating for new players, to practice for more complex and longer games, and eventually a list can be added to the challenges.

I think my There Goes the Wagon map has a rather nice quick scenario. Use the worldgen and build an embark in that region at least 3x4 and you should start with the wagon on the ice.

Your goal is to survive the embark and the ensuing year with what supplies you manage to drag off the ice before it melts. You must then dig out the wagon and all the supplies the following year. Finally you can get to the goal that your expedition set out to do in the first place: Locate the two sources of magma on the map and pacify (catch or kill) any creatures that live in it.

The rules for the embark are:
* No swimming or hunting skills may be taken
* No animals may be taken
* No military skill can be higher than novice at embark
* Dwarves may not have a "skilled labor" activated unless they are at least a novice in the appropriate skill. This means if your only carpenter dies you won't be making any more beds unless one immigrates. Skilled labors are all non-military, non-social skills except mining, woodcutting, farming, herbalist, hunting, fishing, fish cleaning, cooking and brewing skills.
* Dwarves at embark cannot be given more than skilled labors.
* Peasants that immigrate can have one skilled labor activated.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".
Pages: 1 [2]