Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd stone selecting thing(resolved, I suppose)  (Read 694 times)

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
Odd stone selecting thing(resolved, I suppose)
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:12:58 pm »

I'm trying to build a few floors over the chasm in this fortress, since some resident previously smashed the bridges and took several people's lives with it.  However, if I select a stone of alunite as the first stone, the menu ceases to show any other stones.  It only shows the single first stone as existing, with a distance of --.  Doesn't seem to happen with any other combination of stone selecting.  I figured it might have something to do with that single alunite stone that is on the bit of land between the two holes, which are under floor plans in this picture.

First, the menu...

Then, when I try to pick alunite...

Edit:  Oh yeah, 40d, only mod is catsplosion.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:41:42 am by Salabasama »
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd stone selecting thing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:00:14 pm »

Yea, its just a wierd quirk with the way the pathing works for it. Try forbidding the stone that is on the inaccessable side, that way the selector doesn't try to use those.

Its not so much a bug than a pathing oddity.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Odd stone selecting thing(resolved, I suppose)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 12:21:16 am »

WEll, if you tried to build the floor from the inaccessible side, it'd only look on that side, yeah...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets