Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 16x16 Map area crash...  (Read 728 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
16x16 Map area crash...
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:36:59 pm »

So I've got a 8 year 16x16 size map that seems to be crashing "randomly". It's crashed a few times at the same exact spot, but saving repeatedly to get past the spot solved the problem, now I just get random crashes.

I don't believe it's before a season change or before a caravan. I get sieges, but they don't seem to be the issue either.

I heard that any map size past 10x10 is buggy, is this true?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: 16x16 Map area crash...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:11:28 am »

Any crash message or noteworthy stuff in errorlog/gamelog?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 03:10:12 am »

Lots of

"Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds"

Only one of

"Impoverished Word Selector"

"Duplicate Object: creature DOG"

Lots of Path failure stuff... LOTS...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 03:21:11 am »

Path failures are pretty normal.  Those midmap / word selector errors are interesting, but I think they're worldgen-only.  Could you delete your error log (to clear it) and then see what shows up after the next crash?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:39:55 am »

Will do

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 04:42:43 am »

Well, I'm starting to have all kinds of odd problems here and there. Mostly a LOT of lag. Like long periods of zero fps when there should be no FPS drop. Also it's been raining FOREVER! even with weather turned off. We'll see how the next hour goes and whether or not it crashes or just decides to become unplayable.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:50 am »

Apparently if you turn off weather while it's raining, it keeps raining forever.  Yeah, I know.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:34:48 pm »

Apparently if you turn off weather while it's raining, it keeps raining forever.  Yeah, I know.
That's actually pretty cool..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:42 pm »

Well I haven't had any crash, just tons of lag for no explainable reason, I've had a years time pass with invaders off and nothing showed up, I also turned weather on to see if I could get it to stop raining... does it work the same if there is a blizzard? I have temperature off as well.

I'm going to try a 10x10 or 6x6 map to see if I get any repeatable effects.