Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Dragons mod  (Read 1082 times)

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
More Dragons mod
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »

This is is my first real mod I suppose, kindof medium compared to most on here.
It adds 3 more dragons and 4 drakes to the game.
Red, Blue, Green and evil Black of each. Each has their own spheres and prefstrings and varying strengths.
The drakes themselves are almost as strong as a vanilla dragon with the dragons themselves having been buffed considerably.

I've given dragons the SEMIMEGABEAST tag (in addition to MEGABEAST) in order to have alot more of them, feel free to remove it if you want.

To install, copy this to where the dragon entry is in the creature_standard file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I modified the dragon graphic from the Mayday pack to work for all of them, if you want to have more than multicolored D's running around then you can use these if you like. Real credit goes to the original artist, I just swapped colors.

This goes onto where the dragon entry is in your graphics txt file, replacing the one already there.

And this can go between any existing entry group, at the bottom is probably simplest.

I've been using this in combination with the Orcs mod and Relentless Assault and it fits nicely I think. Lizardmen like to ride Black Drakes during their sieges. :D
Also Red and Black dragons end up as leaders of civs that have the [RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] tag. I gave that to the Gnomes and they got a red dragon leader, which is pretty sweet since they are still friendly.

Have lots of Fun!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:44:48 am by Krelos »
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.