Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got a question or two related to trying to figure out something with trade tags  (Read 388 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, this thread will pretty much describe whats going on (see shokus post about halfway down for what I'm trying to do): http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=47378.15

My question is do I need to regen when I make changes to the enity raws? I've heard yes, but since I haven't done more than really light modding, nothing that would require a regen. So, I'm not sure how to handle that.

The first part would be easy enough, but having to regen the world might complicate the factors.

Edit: Anybody? I've already started the first part of testing that doesn't require a regen.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:47:28 pm by smjjames »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Now most likely this is something you already know but i'll just remind just in case
Civs in the entity run off of the tags
             [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
setting these to 1 like so will make them active right off the bat (0 will make them never active i thinks) and 5 would be when your super rich have a king or the biggest trader in the world

now if im wrong then please don't shoot me lol just trying to help, most like you have a real unique problem

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, but do I need to do a regen for those or not?, thats what I'm trying to find out.

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile

Yes, you do.  Any change to an entity file, however small, requires a regen to take effect.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, you do.  Any change to an entity file, however small, requires a regen to take effect.

Okay, just what I needed to know for sure about, thanks.