Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A new social skill for (possibly) a new noble  (Read 1274 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: A new social skill for (possibly) a new noble
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 03:43:00 am »

I think "Historian" has a nice ring to it.  Perhaps "Grand Historian" for that extra noble importance to it.

Frankly, I'd love to see some libraries put together.  But I'd rather have book libraries than stone libraries.

I think engravings and historic books are different areas.  Engravings are certainly essential, but should have a more artistic slant, or at least be an artist's interpretation of a historic event.

The books would be just the facts, ma'am.  Perhaps as a writer grew more proficient, they would become more entertaining to read, but they'd still just be the chronicles of whatever happened to be going on.  Novels and fictional works will have to wait for just a while longer, perhaps...

Maybe nobles would feel that they needed to assert their importance some more, and would write down memoirs which would later be transcribed into an autobiography.  A grand dwarven hero, gruesomely slain in battle, might earn the attention of a historian, who would track down his friends and consult the old records to write down the stunning tale of the dwarf's rise to power, of which every self-respecting upperclass dwarf would have to own a copy.

I think this could really go places...

Pages: 1 [2]