Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone else?  (Read 1264 times)

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone else?
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:29:17 am »

constantly (every 10 minutes) checking this site for an update/maybe the new version?

i can't stop it :(

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:27:32 am »

Uh...  There won't be an update for a little while longer.  May I suggest reading the stickied topics, or possibly just skimming the longer ones?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 10:48:57 am »

Uh...  There won't be an update for a little while longer.  May I suggest reading the stickied topics, or possibly just skimming the longer ones?
Pretty sure "Update" in this case means "Information which would bring me up to date"

That said, I do that less these days than I used to.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:57:52 am »

Well, given that Toady is out sick atm, it will be a while before the new release. Hopefully by the end of the month if things go smoothly.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 01:18:16 pm »

Well, given that Toady is out sick atm, it will be a while before the new release. Hopefully by the end of the month if things go smoothly.
I personally would be surprised if the next version was released before late February or March.  Toady's still adding new features; he hasn't even started on the cleanup and testing.  These things take time.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »

My guess was late january or early february, before Toady got ill. Plus things always take longer than expected (even if you take the fact that things will take longer than expected in account when setting an ETA, it still takes longer than expected) so I'd say late february or early March for now.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »

Actually, I think he was just about to start on that stuff when the holidays arrived and then the flu....

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 01:57:10 pm »

In response to the OP:

YES! Yes I do! I keep checking in case he's gotten better and he's brought out the game closer to time. When he's close to highlighting the last item on the list I think I'll just stay awake, screw college, screw sleep, screw food (unless someone brings me food), only leaving for toilet breaks (and even then only after an hour or two of holding it in), just so that I can be there when it's finally done. I never get that "must have it first" rush, so this is an unusual one for me.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 02:37:54 pm »

Dunno, it is abundantly clear now that next DF will not be out for xmass and that we will not be able to make use of xmass break time to play it extensivelly.

So my interest is a bit low, instead of "i hope it is out now, lets check dev_now! oh noes, nothing new since five minutes ago!" it is "hmm, i wonder what is going on. nothing new? meh, take your time, it not like i can't wait month."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:40:12 pm »

I am sort of well aware of how complete this version is... so I am not constantly checking for when it is done.

It may not even be done in January

It won't be a surprise to anyone who has been keeping track. Though anyone who has intentionally been ignoring the additions (to make it more surprising) indeed it could seem like it just came from nowhere.

Xocolotl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 07:52:15 pm »

Depends. Does checking my RSS feed every few minutes count?

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 09:17:35 pm »

Once or twice a day.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 09:25:27 pm »

I still laugh when I see Zwei's avatar.

I'm trying to get better about it. My treatment method is comprised of...

Doing the same thing for another game.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!