Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Free Trial.  (Read 3736 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Free Trial.
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 08:20:51 pm »

Thumpity bump.

I just uninstalled it, the limits they placed on the demo were kind of frustrating and the WHFB universe isn't one that I know much about (Other than what is shared with 40k) so I didn't enjoy it too much.  The PvP was alright, but meh.

I just signed up for the Allods online beta, it's some Russian Free to play with item shop MMO, but they have skyships at high levels, and you can fight demons and other players in them, with each player in your guild having a different role on the ship.

That is the kind of thing B12ers need to get into.  As far as I know it's a bit grindy but not Korean MMO-level grind.
Shoes...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 11:05:57 am »

Thumpity bump.

I just uninstalled it, the limits they placed on the demo were kind of frustrating and the WHFB universe isn't one that I know much about (Other than what is shared with 40k) so I didn't enjoy it too much.  The PvP was alright, but meh.

I just signed up for the Allods online beta, it's some Russian Free to play with item shop MMO, but they have skyships at high levels, and you can fight demons and other players in them, with each player in your guild having a different role on the ship.

That is the kind of thing B12ers need to get into.  As far as I know it's a bit grindy but not Korean MMO-level grind.

Alldos is quite nice.

the empire paladins are awesome.

The empire is bascily a nazi/soviet state mixed together. throw into some imperium of man and then go go go
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 11:56:20 am »

Damn it im just to good at this game for staying on trial. I have 4 massive loot bags in my inventory and its accumalating. The allods look really (Nazi-Soviets HELL YEAR) cool, I just hope the have the snappy outfits.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:25 pm »

Damn it im just to good at this game for staying on trial. I have 4 massive loot bags in my inventory and its accumalating. The allods look really (Nazi-Soviets HELL YEAR) cool, I just hope the have the snappy outfits.

They do. for a free 2 play mmo it got quite the awesome tutorial with voiced dialogues and shit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 05:01:17 pm »

I'm making an Arisen Mage, on the US 1 server.  Does anyone else play this?  It looks sexy, man.  Empire has the coolest costumes.
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

You already have a Allods account?

Edit: Oh silly me ignore this post downloading right now. Also I was about to install AOE3 but then started on this mmo.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:04:14 pm by Huesoo »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 05:03:14 pm »

Yes.  Arisen have this awesome Necron-ish look to them, and kind of look like darker-colored Pariahs.

Even better news!  The translation is excellent!  They didn't Babelfish it like most free foreign MMOs!

Not gonna lie, a lot of icons and interface elements look very similar to another popular MMORPG, one whose name starts with W and ends with orld of Warcraft, but just about all games do that, so it's not a huge problem, and the premise far enough removed from WoW I can look past it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:23:17 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 06:41:36 pm »

Yes.  Arisen have this awesome Necron-ish look to them, and kind of look like darker-colored Pariahs.

Even better news!  The translation is excellent!  They didn't Babelfish it like most free foreign MMOs!

Not gonna lie, a lot of icons and interface elements look very similar to another popular MMORPG, one whose name starts with W and ends with orld of Warcraft, but just about all games do that, so it's not a huge problem, and the premise far enough removed from WoW I can look past it.

Yea i saw that too. i like hmm Arisen oh shit necrons.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2010, 07:34:32 pm »

Spoiler: wat (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 09:49:43 am »

90% percent downloaded hell year. Ill join the US 1 server as an empire citizen and maybe ill start a new thread instead of just changing the thread name again. (Shhhiiiiiiit is that you Cthulhu fighting a giant spacedemondragon?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]