Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin seige follows the first dwarf caravan...  (Read 1509 times)

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin seige follows the first dwarf caravan...
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:39:59 pm »

...heh. Forgot I made those things seige like orcs.

Whoops.

Demetrious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin seige follows the first dwarf caravan...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 05:06:28 am »

Let's move this thread in a useful direction.

What is this Orc mod? How do the Orcs behave differently then Goblins? Any AI differences? How much harder are they to kill? Do they bring building destroyers with them? Do I need a new world-gen to use them? And where can I get them?
I like the fact we are seriously discussing how to drop dwarfs off towers using  kittens as cushions.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:21:29 am »

Let's move this thread in a useful direction.

What is this Orc mod? How do the Orcs behave differently then Goblins? Any AI differences? How much harder are they to kill? Do they bring building destroyers with them? Do I need a new world-gen to use them? And where can I get them?
Imagine goblins in full steel plates, that have no fear (do not flee, when their comrades are killed), no pain sense and are web-immune, do not activate usual traps, and come to siege in groups of up to 90 (or perhaps even more). As far as I know, they have war elephants (in the files) that are building destroyers, but I haven't seen one yet. And they are much harder to kill, man. Especially, their archers-snipers, which tend to fire through fortifications that are 20 tiles away from them to insta-kill your marksdwarves. Scared enough?
You can find it here ( http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=877 ), and if you prefer, RantingRodent had made a nice graphic pack for them.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 06:24:47 am »

I find that their hardness stems from their eagerness to attack rather than their actual toughness. In my current fort, I was almost wiped out when they arrived in spring of my second year, but now, five years in, I have a single champion who killed off an entire siege all by himself.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:15:45 am »

Eh, I just made regular goblins seige with the intensity of orcs as far as time goes. Nothing too interesting on my part. >_>

Demetrious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 06:41:29 pm »

Scared enough?
You can find it here ( http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=877 ), and if you prefer, RantingRodent had made a nice graphic pack for them.

You misspelled "excited." And yes, I want them  bad. Thank you for the link. It's time to have some... fun.

(Ever since I realized just how far ballista can shoot, I now favor flat maps...)
I like the fact we are seriously discussing how to drop dwarfs off towers using  kittens as cushions.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 08:18:04 pm »

There are two main orc mods. Diamond posted the first one, which just adds orcs and a few creatures. The second is Dig Deeper, which is an immersion mod. It adds lots of new animals, as well as some new metals, tons of new crops, and orcs who are even stronger (though they don't bring as many animals, which evens things out a bit).

Orcs are larger in general, use the strongest metal that doesn't have a [DEEP] tag, are immune to conventional traps (though things like spikes, magma, and drowning work), and siege from the start. 7 dwarves vs 15 monsters... good luck.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »

fear not for Sigmar shall guide us through the age of "fun".
i ask you! what has Armok done for us? What has Armok helped us with? NOTHING!!!
convert now before it is too late for Sigmar shall be our torch in the darkness!
help us as the intolrable rabble scum of the earth (orcs elves goblins and kolbolds!) now all you need to do is make a church in your fort with this mod hide in it and you shall all be protected!
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!