Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Isdenurdim, the Tale of Fear and Clowns [Community Fort in 40d18]  (Read 2689 times)

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • "Yes, brown bread... for my BREAD GUN!"
    • View Profile

The justice build is possible, though we don't have a sheriff at the moment.

Ooh, me! Pick me!

... and If I should cheat to save Wolfe.

That depends on how much wolf wants to live. > ; )
"And the man is there, behind bulletproof glass, slumped over the counter, DEAD! Or sleeping- but it doesn't matter, because you're banging on the glass crying: 'Wake up, I want groceries!'. He ultimately wakes up, but then it becomes a game of charades over what you need from him whilst talking through the glass. Meanwhile, a cue is forming behind you. A cue of MURDERERS! With DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" -Eddie Izzard speaking about late-night petrol (gas) station shopping

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have made my decision.

Wolfe Shall be saved. This is the One time I will cheat to save a dwarf.

Our Policy will be Economic with a Dash of Military and Justice improvements.

Next Update in- 12 Hrs? May take longer.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile

yes! i shall live to cause further harm to indigenous wildlife!

Diary of Wolfe

feh, all this bed rest is beginning to bore me. yes, the rest say it will do me good, but quite frankly the rest of them haven't any medical knowledge beyond rudimentary forced aid. Ha, they're falling back to the times when all you could do to heal yourself was lie in bed for a few years. We have surgeons who can fix these things up right away now, I don't need bedrest!
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, the next immigrant wave you get ill take one,

Name: Cogan McAwsomeDrawBridge

Job:Fortress guard[When you get one], untill then Mason

[Has been getting rubbish about his name since he was young dosint take it to well anymore if you get my drift]

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mid-Fall 17th, Year 30 in the Realm of Kenomthadar

Wolfe seems to be making a recovery, though It appears she won't be able to work until mid spring. In other news, we managed to get some trading done with the caravan.

We also talked to the representative of the guild of commerce. After much debate, I managed to get a request in for some materials we need.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes... brass... my precious.

We received a list of projected demands the next time a caravan came around, and we also received this letter.

Bulborbish~
When you receive this letter, you will have completed the trade with the caravan sent by the capital. Your year of free will is over, and we have orders for you.

First of all, we want you to export a net price of 1500 ingots to the next caravan that we send to you. Failure to do so will result in the shut down of your fort.

Secondly, we need you to set up a defense system to protect the area. We suspect that goblins will begin their raids the moment one of the caravan guard that we sent gets drunk.

Finally, we want an efficient justice system to be made so that it is safe to send nobility to your outpost when needed.

Failure to comply will result in the termination of your fort.

Your Guiding Light
       ~Urist

This is what was demanded of us:

Late Fall 5, Year 30 in the Realm of Kenomthadar

We have found the cursed stone.

I prepare to talk about it with the others tonight. I hope we can come up with a reasonable conclusion.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile

Adamintine?

DIG DEEPER! Don't mine it yet, we want it all.

Log:
I found this random piece of brass lying around the leader's quarters. I pocketed it meself. I now am using it as a journal, because i did find A LOT of brass. Its a bit strange. I officially have one kill for my name, though it is a mere kobold. But Adamintine? I heard about the metal of the underworld. I can't wait to see what is in store.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Re: Isdenurdim, the Tale of Fear and Clowns [Community Fort in 40d18]
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:17 am »

Diary of Wolfe

Adamantine? that means very bad things, as any dwarf with even the slightest hint of knowledge should know. However, I'm all for digging into it, so long as the digger isn't me. also, I must convince them to seal it behind the sacrificial miner with fortifications so i can shoot anything that comes out of it. one can't be a great marksdwarf till one has shot something from the depths of the world, you know
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.
Pages: 1 [2]