Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magical floaty hand blood!  (Read 1125 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Magical floaty hand blood!
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:15:05 am »

Kost: My hand! Will someone wash the blood of my left hand, its getting kind of itchy.
Omon: Darling, your hand. we couldn't retrieve it from the battle field.
Kost: What do you mean? its right there and COVERED IN BLOOD!

in my latest fortress I made the silly decision to chase down the fleeing invaders that had received nervous as they fled the map. the lead to my good friend Kost to lose his left arm from the shoulder. later upon investigating his inventory I find that his left hand is covered in blood. but he has no left hand. this is sort of creeping me out. Armok has seen fit to bless him with a disembodied replacment hand made entierly of blood!

Thats just my imagination getting the better of me, but its a fun glitch none the less that will give me ample story for this round of DF.

for extended discussion: What strange and unusual glitches have you had that you've decided to just run with simply because they were awesome?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical floaty hand blood!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 12:46:31 am »

I demand screenshots.
!!&!!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 01:05:18 am »

It's a known bug:
# 000535 □ [contaminants] contaminants on severed body parts still remain with a creature

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 01:25:59 am »

So, imagine it's like in Hollow Man.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

JoystickHero

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:tileset]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 03:22:28 am »

I dunno, I prefer the phantom limb idea. If it's modded out, I will be sad. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
JoystickHero's Capital Tileset (Simple. Clean. 16x16)
Quote from: Moosey
Really?  You passed up an opportunity to say "Urist McNugget"?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 03:35:42 am »

It's not a phantom limb, it's a liquid floating in mid-air which should be fixed as any bug :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 06:41:26 am »

On the subject of a similar bug, I once had a legendary bonecarver who got attacked by a beakdog. He somehow killed it but ended up with a bunch of broken limbs, and so he got carried to a bed. Upon looking in his inventory I see: 'dwarf chunk, left hand'

He wasnt holding anything else during the fight, so I can only conclude that he beat the beakdog to death with his own dwarf chunk. Bone carvers are awesome dwarves.

After he was healed and got back to carving, he was still holding the dwarf chunk. He carried it around year after year, it never rotted.

Spoiler: Still got a screenshot (click to show/hide)

I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 06:57:08 am »

Next release will include the ability for dwarfs to get lost limbs reattached :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 07:23:59 am »

Somehow i envision that like the bad guy in harry potter with a hand made out of liquid silver except that it's more dwarven and made out of blood instead so pretty much a cross between that and Alex Mercer.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 11:35:35 pm »

On the subject of a similar bug, I once had a legendary bonecarver who got attacked by a beakdog. He somehow killed it but ended up with a bunch of broken limbs, and so he got carried to a bed. Upon looking in his inventory I see: 'dwarf chunk, left hand'

He wasnt holding anything else during the fight, so I can only conclude that he beat the beakdog to death with his own dwarf chunk. Bone carvers are awesome dwarves.

After he was healed and got back to carving, he was still holding the dwarf chunk. He carried it around year after year, it never rotted.

Spoiler: Still got a screenshot (click to show/hide)

I got a similar thing, except it was a farm/booze (farmer and brewer) dwarf and I don't think they had been in combat. Turns out that somehow they got stuck holding it when I turned off hauling labors with Dwarf Manager. Maybe its something similar in your case.