Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm so proud...  (Read 866 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
I'm so proud...
« on: December 25, 2009, 11:32:57 pm »

The Dwarven Child gouges The Wolf's left eye with The Dwarven Child's right hand!
The Wolf's left eye has been torn out!
The Dwarven Child gouges The Wolf's right eye with The Dwarven Child's right hand!
The Wolf's right eye has been torn out!

The Dwarven Child is a child I rescued from a goblin tower, and I am now teaching her to wrestle by KOing various animals and letting her slowly beat them to death.
She started out just punching them to death, but now I know her training is almost complete!
She's only eight and she's already a merciless torturer... *sniff* they grow up so fast!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so proud...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:41:45 pm »

Next lesson: how to strangle an elf.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:55:19 am »

You know, this actually sounds like an excellent idea! Soon you too can own a horde of superdwarvenly tough slave children!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 02:46:20 am »

I should inform you that if you want to do this yourself, you need an adventurer badass enough to take down animals by distracting them and pinching them into unconsciousness (yes, it works that way) without having his/her throat torn out.
Also, whenever your little murderer gets a kill he/she will stop following you. To get them back, simply 'T'ravel over one tile and back, and they'll follow you once more.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 07:19:23 am »

Also, watch out for wolfpacks.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:44:30 am »

Too bad you cannot give weapons to companions, or you could teach them to play mini-golf.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 09:55:59 am »

Too bad you cannot give weapons to companions, or you could teach them to play mini-golf.
When the adventurer skills arc is complete, this will be my first thing. I will bring slave-children with me, equip them with armour and weapons that they will they will help me make and then we shall rule the world from my evil lair.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

JoystickHero

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:tileset]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »

I actually did something similar last night with 'Omen', a female human swordsman, after she rescued 'Boy', a human male child, from a goblin tower. (I rename all my characters, can you tell?) It started out pretty well. I'd leave something bleeding or passed out, and he'd gouge out its eyes or just punch it while I strangled it. Kid actually became pretty useful, as long as I kept an eye on him.

There were only two hiccups. The first was when a wolfpack ambush separated us, and one started to whip the poor kid around by his leg. I was able to save him (only one yellow wound!) with good use of charges. The second didn't turn out so well. I was wrestling carp to get my skill up, with Boy on the banks, watching. Well, apparently, he stepped too close to the banks, and was pulled in. Even a large school of carp was no match for me, Adept Swimmer, Armor & Shield User that I was, but the poor, unarmored boy sank like a stone, and was quickly torn to shreds by Armok's own.

I proceeded to ragekill everything I could find. Found out that hippos aren't nearly as bad in Adv. as they are in Fort.

Omen was later beaten to a bloody mass of giblets when the giant she was trying to slay managed to wrestle off both her weapon and shield.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:47:17 pm by JoystickHero »
JoystickHero's Capital Tileset (Simple. Clean. 16x16)
Quote from: Moosey
Really?  You passed up an opportunity to say "Urist McNugget"?