Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resizing Menu Font Size using maydays Tilset  (Read 533 times)

ExitJudas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Resizing Menu Font Size using maydays Tilset
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:20:31 am »

Been looking around the wiki and the forum for quite a while, but I can't seem to find the answer to this one.

I use the Mayday tileset on a 22" screen, and it's really great. The only problem i think, is that the font size in the menu's is so big, that you often times, particular in lists of items, cant see the entire name of the item, e.g. "Large Spider We" is really a "large spider web bag" but because of the big font, its anybodys guess. Im sure other people have this problem, and there is an answer of a kind somewhere. could someone kindly point me towards it? thanks

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Resizing Menu Font Size using maydays Tilset
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 06:32:04 am »

Unfortunately, you can't change the font size in DF.  You can use a different font, but the menu and the text are on the same grid system and they all resize together.  You can use Tab to widen some menus in Fortress Mode, and you can make sure you're using the full screen (if you're using the latest Mayday's, just hit the maximize button, otherwise adjust GRID in /data/init/init.txt).  That's about it.

ExitJudas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:08:18 am »

so this means that you have no way of seeing longer item names in e.g. the trade screen?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:18:37 am »

so this means that you have no way of seeing longer item names in e.g. the trade screen?

Not that I know of.  It's really annoying and will get fixed at some point, but for now all you can do is view the individual item to see its full name.