Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rescuing a dwarven child.  (Read 922 times)

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
Rescuing a dwarven child.
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:44:56 pm »

In adventure mode, I sneaked into a dark fortress and rescued a dwarven child. After speaking with him, I found the name and location of his parents, and brought him to their fortress. I wandered around for a while, and couldn't find his parents, but they're probably there somewhere.
Anyway, I was wondering if there's a way to get this child to leave my party and stay in his home fortress. I've tried every speech option to no effect. Would retiring and resuming my adventurer do it?

Edit: As long as I'm asking a question, is there a way to outfit your companions? I doubt it, but it would be nice if I could give them some better armor. Also, do your companions run out of arrows/bolts?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:49:51 pm by monkeyfetus »
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Dwarf fort 27

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobles........those basterds
    • View Profile
Re: Rescuing a dwarven child.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:49:48 pm »

You should move this to the Adventure thread
"Dwarf Fortress" ... "Like chess, only with short people that can catch on fire like rags soaked in tar, and lots of booze." ... "Like chess." 

- dwarf fortress wiki

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »

I was thinking about posting in there, but decided the questions thread would be more appropriate, because there isn't much discussion. How do I move the thread? Delete and remake it?

Edit: I found the move topic button, but only after I made another thread. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:57:18 pm by monkeyfetus »
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Dwarf fort 27

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobles........those basterds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:13 pm »

Not sure  ??? havnt ever had to move a thread before.....sad face
"Dwarf Fortress" ... "Like chess, only with short people that can catch on fire like rags soaked in tar, and lots of booze." ... "Like chess." 

- dwarf fortress wiki