Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grims Bridgnorth 20x20 tileset  (Read 1355 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Grims Bridgnorth 20x20 tileset
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:51:44 am »

Made this tileset some time ago when I was looking for a decent 20x20 tileset and failed to find one. I used a truetype font called bridgnorth, a few edited tiles from other tilesets (trees and dwarves), and some of my own pixel doodling.

Spoiler: Intro screenshot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The tileset (click to show/hide)

I cant seem to find where I found that font though. Uploaded it to megaupload (i know, it sucks) in case you want to use it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKYGY3KA

Making a 16x16 tileset with it might prove difficult though. I found it quite hard even with 20x20 to keep the fonts details somewhat visible.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Grims Bridgnorth 20x20 tileset
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:11:57 pm »

Yeah, I was working on a 20x20 tileset, a lot of the tiles I took were copied, I'm not a very artistically strong person in some aspects...

Looks decent though. I think a 20x20 tileset is just the right blend of visibility of the tiles and still being able to see enough of the map without having to move around.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!