Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The home of the Dorf Rabbit  (Read 1900 times)

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
The home of the Dorf Rabbit
« on: December 06, 2009, 12:57:58 pm »

Urist McMayor: What is it?

Acath McDorf: I just haveth another baby Dorf!

Urist: Again? Are ya serious!

Acath: Yar! My 10th child!

Rimtil McPeasant: Another Dorf to do ma work!

Seriously, 9 kids?

Edit: The whole city is full of Children! What the hell! I walked into the inn after a while and BANG. I am hit by a load of children. I could easily kill the whole town with their little amount of guards
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:00:10 pm by death »

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The home of the Dorf Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:15:07 pm »

It's not that uncommon for a town to house a crapload of children. It happens to me a lot, so when I embark on top of a human town I sometimes get three pages solely consisting of CHILDREN.

In fact:
Edit: The whole city is full of Children! What the hell! I walked into the inn after a while and BANG. I am hit by a load of children. I could easily kill the whole town with their little amount of guards
It is a known fact that children are the backbone of the guard troops and  secretly serve as militia. When you have some in your own Forts, they act all scared, but when you aren't looking, these assholes will happily tear wolves apart and use their bones as toothpicks. Especially when a ranger is around.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:27:44 pm »

If you stop world generation early this usually happens, since not many of the people have grown into actual adults yet.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:32 pm »

Children are hardcore. They'll swarm your ass. I lost a legendary adventurer after 20-odd children just descended upon me.

*rocks back and forth ... the joint locks... *shiver* ..Oh Armok the joint locks...
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 06:14:40 pm »

Children are hardcore. They'll swarm your ass. I lost a legendary adventurer after 20-odd children just descended upon me.

*rocks back and forth ... the joint locks... *shiver* ..Oh Armok the joint locks...

Oh jesus that has happened to me. They may lemming rush you but they will crush anyone through numbers.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 06:23:44 pm »

Am I the only one who finds it slightly alarming that A) 20 children can even reach you at once and B) they ALL know how to expertly execute joint locks?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:36:03 pm »

They are actually dwarves for humans and gnomes for dwarfs...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 10:26:12 am »

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 03:05:06 am »

It's what the artificial pop cap is for.  whenever there is a war, and a thousand or so elves are killed attacking a single dwarf, every year for 50 years, 10 married elf women pop out a child in order to build the next army of TWO thousand elves... or until the pop cap is met, in which children will stop entirely.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 01:08:54 pm »

you need to
A)have good wrestling
B)use a whip or a hammer
C)keep moveing so to brake there locks,conter attacks will do the damage
*D)set fires as you move to burn them *
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG