Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 40D## macros  (Read 3265 times)

Lesconrads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40D## macros
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 02:43:01 pm »

NECROoooo...
The macro-function is much too great to be that undiscussed. The search didn't yield much, so I'm necroing it.

How do I build buildings using macros? I want to train my architects and am much too lazy to build those supports on my own.
I just need a tip, how I get into the building-menu. Selecting the support works.

I know how macros work in general - I have some nice ones for digging. But somehow I can't figure out how to build stuff ><.

HALP

edit: while I'm asking... who can give me a hint how I can leave the "designation menu" and then do stuff? It would be great for aiming all the building-operations etcetc.

edit2: After some more experimenting, I think its done now.
[MACRO:LEAVESCREEN:1]
[MACRO:D_BUILDING:1]
[MACRO:HOTKEY_BUILDING_SUPPORT:1]
[MACRO:SELECT:2]
(just for anyone looking into this stuff aswell... just look in the key bindings which key is assigned to the "word" to figure out what it does)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:06:20 pm by Lesconrads »

castellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 12:17:50 am »

I like designating where the edges of the 48x48 tiles are. Useful for when you're looking for something hidden on the map, or if you're obsessively-compulsively wanting to build modules within those extents.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully, someone will fins this useful.

Echo7

• Bay Watcher
  • Reading you loud and clear, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 12:32:33 am »

Here's a macro that implements of the High Density Single Floor Housing design (61x61).  I finally got tired of drawing it by hand.  You'll need to bind it to whatever keystroke you want, but all the hard work is done for you now...

Go to where you want the middle of a 3x3 stairwell and execute for painless application.  When finished, you will start out with eight rooms next to the stairwell and you can dig out the rest as you need them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Always shoot first.

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 01:12:10 pm »

There should be a lot of macros hanging around. I converted a bunch of designs from the wiki to QuickFort templates earlier, and the newest version of LinDesignator can convert them to DF macros. Since it didn't look like anyone was doing it, I ran these templates through LinDesignator, and here is a zip of all the macros. I haven't tested them, but they should be right (otherwise let me know and I'll fix LinDesignator).

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 08:15:08 pm »

Fair warning:

The macro feature is likely to be missing in 40d17, which is due out Any Day Now(tm). DON'T PANIC.

This is merely temporary, and it may be replaced with something far more spectacular. I'll tell you more once I get something back from toady.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?
Pages: 1 [2]