Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Religious Figures  (Read 541 times)

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
Religious Figures
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:44:02 pm »

My idea this time is the following.Add some important religious figures to the religions during the world gen, like people that organizes cruzades, or people that come to the planet as son of god and realize miracles, like curing blind people and regenerating lost limbs(and sometimes dies as martyrs).

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Figures
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 06:52:03 pm »

Gods are already generated, though they don't have much (any?) direct impact during gameplay. Megabeasts and semimegabeasts can be worshiped by some civilizations, though. Once the magic arc happens, presumably some creatures will be able to perform miracles, whether through trickery, honestly believing themselves to be divine, or actually being divine.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:22:40 pm »

Without spoiling this too much for you, you can expect something approximating this in the next version. Can't say if or how it would affect legends mode, but...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »

The word is "crusade." "Cruzades" is not a word, its an abomination.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 05:45:31 pm »

yeah i noticed that too shonus.

Also, to refine this idea how about another ethic...
Something about worshipping the same god or same gods.
Would obviously depend on the race if they were warlike or if the sphere of their major god was warlike or "evil"
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!