Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migrants refuse to haul  (Read 400 times)

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Migrants refuse to haul
« on: December 19, 2009, 03:55:10 am »

My first wave of immigrant refuse to haul, even though all of them have all hauling related labors enables, the jobs screen shows plenty of waiting hauling jobs, and my original 7 dwarves are willing to haul.  However, the migrant ranger is perfectly willing to hunt.

Also, my carpenter among the original 7 dwarves refuse to either do carpentry or cut trees, even though he has both labors enabled.

Plus, when I try to construct anything, it only lets me make things out of logs and some tin bars, even though there's plenty of rocks available to use.  From other posts I've gotten the impression that sometimes if even one item of a certain type is forbidden that the dwarves won't touch any item of that type, but I've reclaimed every single item in the fortress, and they still won't go.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants refuse to haul
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 03:58:33 am »

You have an access problem.

Make sure that your migrants can actually get to where you need hauling done. Station a dwarf in various places to locate the problem. Check for faulty ramps and staircases.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants refuse to haul
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:03:33 am »

Oh, duh!  The hatches which block access to outside closed as soon as they were linked to the lever.