to tear all elfs eyes out
- 3 (3.1%)
to try to make a elf genocide with the leader a elf
- 7 (7.3%)
not listed post your reason
- 7 (7.3%)
they are the only race
- 5 (5.2%)
even if the all the dwarfs and humans are dead i will never ever in anyones life ever play as a stupid retared gay dumb elfs
- 14 (14.6%)
mod the game so you can shout BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA
- 11 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Reasons to play as elfs  (Read 3260 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons to play as elfs
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 06:25:53 pm »

Ahhh that is ALWAYS fun, ive forgotten, can you reverse pick pocket in morrowind?

Its just fun giving them fatigue draining armor.
No idea, my "thievery" was just me casting several hundred percent chameleon on myself(plus the ring of shadows!) and grabbing everything not nailed down.
Ring of shadows?  Man, the amulet of shadows is where it's at!  70% guaranteed!

As soon as I get that, it pretty much means I'm raiding the House vaults in Vivec.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:54 pm »

There's an amulet of shadows?! I stumbled across the ring(and umbra ;D) completely on accident. Wandering along the road and got ambushed by an almost invisible person.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 08:59:55 pm »

All I really play in Adventure mode is modded dragons, but I tossed in a vote of "elves are cool" because it's worth sayin'.

How many other games have "hippies" that start wars constantly, practice cannibalism, and are in general rampant killers (just of you, not of your livestock)?  Dwarf Fortress's elves have a lot of interesting possibilities for their cultural background, so while I get most of the actual "rampant, blind elf hatred" on the forums is just a very long-running joke, sometimes I think people let themselves forget that DF's elves are a lot more fun than your typical standard-fantasy elfkind.  They harken back more to the days when "fair folk" generally implied "dangerous."

Also, they remind me of that parody anti-marijuana commercial, where all the teens who smoked pot started eating each other.  And that just gets a laugh.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 09:11:34 pm »

There's an amulet of shadows?! I stumbled across the ring(and umbra ;D) completely on accident. Wandering along the road and got ambushed by an almost invisible person.
Yup.  A lady between the first two towns you'll get Imperial guard quests in will ask you to get her ring from a pool.  That's all I'll say, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 05:59:32 pm »

So this thread went from Reasons to play as elfs to Reasons to play Morrowind. Not bad.  ;D

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 07:01:03 pm »

How many other games have "hippies" that start wars constantly, practice cannibalism, and are in general rampant killers

Well, LCS has the "constant fighting" and "rampant killing" aspects of being a hippie nailed. But I don't think Jonathan has plans for cannibalism yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]