Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well. Crap. HFS  (Read 1374 times)

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well. Crap. HFS
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 01:36:18 pm »

If you did all your exploratory mining quarry-style outside your fort, wouldn't you be (theoretically) safer from the HFS?

Only if they're not fliers. If they're fliers they'll just fly out of the pit and path to the fortress anyway, which might be worse, especially if they're flaming clowns. Forest fires are not fun when they're not caused by you.
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

Urist son of Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 01:45:59 pm »

Initially I thought this had something to do with high fructose corn syrup.  Like, the dorfs had started using it in place of dwarven sugar, and now they were all fat.  Of course, that might be part of an evil clown plot as well...

Never broken into the clown lair myself...if I did, I'd make sure to have several choke points filled with traps between me and any potential clown invasion.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 02:01:25 pm »

Never broken into the clown lair myself...if I did, I'd make sure to have several choke points filled with traps between me and any potential clown invasion.
That would successfully do absolutely nothing. Clowns [trAPAVOID].

The chokepoints might help, mind you, but only if you also had a sizable military capable of dealing with them. And !!Clowns!! are so incredibly uncool that they are by far the most dangerous creatures in the game. Octoclowns and Amphibiclowns are significantly less dangerous, but still difficult.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 02:03:00 pm »

Initially I thought this had something to do with high fructose corn syrup.  Like, the dorfs had started using it in place of dwarven sugar, and now they were all fat.  Of course, that might be part of an evil clown plot as well...

Except for their [trAPAVOID].

Also, the OP ravealed earlier that his pits had vermin and mud and water. Hence, he has a frog infestation. They don't fly. He's safe.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 05:11:21 pm »

I actually though this had to do with a dwarf using a well as a toilet, and the feces broke through the adamantine resovoir's floor into HFS.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.
Pages: 1 [2]