Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: World Gen Extremes\/Leaderboard  (Read 33740 times)

DarkDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen Extremes\/Leaderboard
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 01:19:02 am »

I believe it is due to some crash bugs in more recent 40d#s that affect worldgen.

Ah ok, I haven't had issues, but then I don't use extreme settings and like to gen the most random worlds possible. :P

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2010, 01:50:00 am »

No, I mean it'll just crash near the end for no apparent reason, rarely.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2010, 03:25:22 pm »

How about a category for oddest history? Because I have a world (without tweaking the parameters much at all) that has a dwarven civ led by a goblin queen, which was destroyed in a two-front war with an elf-led goblin civ, and an elven civ (which was also at war with the goblins).

So when I embark with them in their old stomping grounds, I'm automatically at war with goblins *and* elves. And the goblins bring elves (and dwarves) when they siege.

There's also a spot on the map where I noticed a sand desert lying directly adjacent to a saltwater marsh, seperated only by a stream. All in all, this particular worldgen was chock full of oddities.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]