Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Save game example with siegers spawning inside fort  (Read 1597 times)

Gertack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Save game example with siegers spawning inside fort
« on: November 07, 2009, 06:28:44 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1567 (Requires Orcs)

Orcs are the siegers in this case, although goblin sieges, goblin ambushes, and goblin snatchers often show the same behavior.  Most frequently they'll show either around the top of the magma pipe either at the smelters or in the room north of it (both underground) or also the lower quarter of the map outside.  Reloading will get different placement of the siegers each time and don't always appear inside.

I saved and loaded until I got it really close to the siege point, so you may want to have the paused loading option enabled.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Save game example with siegers spawning inside fort
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:56:09 am »

Do you have reason to believe that this is different from a normal ambush?  I.e., is your fortress totally walled off with no access to the outside?

Gertack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:44:59 pm »

It does the "A vile force of darkness has arrived" and then orcs show up inside the fort.  If you reload they'll appear in different places, so they're not walking there.  To get to the forge area they'd have to walk through the barracksa, a line of guard dogs, a few hallways, and then walk into a dead-end room before appearing with nobody around.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:02:15 pm »

Are you on a non-square map by any chance?

Also, if you're posting a modded save, you need to include a direct link for any mod downloads.  There are probably multiple versions of the Orc mod by now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:48:49 pm by Footkerchief »

Gertack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:57 pm »

The DFFD description is different: Yes, square, and it has a link to the standard Orc download I used.

balath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:54 pm »

I thought it was negligence on my part at the time, but I'm pretty sure a human siege spawned inside of one of my forts.  I got the human siege message and and gave a cursory glance around my immediate fort entrance to make sure I had time to get everyone inside, but didn't bother checking the (u)nit menu to specifically locate them.  Seconds later the siege broke and I'd lost a couple of haulers.  The Fortress guard (all armed with crossbows) apparently engaged the invading humans.  I found all the corpses laying around inside my fortress.
What would you do if seven small, beared men marched into your home and started to dig out a city in your basement?

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:12:43 am »

I just had a goblin ambush spawn inside the walls of my above-ground fort. The map is a square 7x7. There was no plausible way for the entire ambush to reach the location they were at without being spotted.

Earlier I spotted migrants spawning somewhere other than the map edge, but just thought it was weird.

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 09:38:46 pm »

I'll borrow this thread. I'm playing vanilla, and with every siege, one goblin squad spawns inside my main hall. The main hall is located several levels below the entrance.

The other squads appear by the edge like usual.

Does anyone what could cause this?
"It's unpossible!"