Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird Scan line?  (Read 2085 times)

Kugu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Scan line?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 03:42:38 pm »

New issue... I alt tabbed for a moment to check a message, now once bag in my already well started fortress I find that none of my buttons respond besides, computer related presses ( alt tab , ctrl Alt del.)  Keyboards working fine... just DF seems to not be responding to my presses.

Edit: After many alt tabs I was able to unpause and save just to be on the safe side that it wouldn't work again. Do you think this could be a weird issue on my end or something that should go into bug reports? Much thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:53:35 pm by Kugu »
Quote: "Okay, got it, how do i brew beds."

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 04:08:24 pm »

Yeah, I and others have had the same issue with 40d16.  The problem is that when you tab back into the game, it still thinks you're pressing Alt.  You should be able to fix it by hitting Esc and then returning to your game.  Clicking inside the game window might also work, I'm not sure.

40d16 has quite a few miscellaneous input bugs, but Baughn is reworking the input system, so hopefully this and all the others will be fixed.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 05:00:17 pm »

The method I use to resolve that is to press Alt.  I usually press it twice, but maybe I actually only need to do it once.

Kugu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 05:01:58 pm »

I seem to have the best luck while still alt tabbing, before the window being all the way up tapping the space bar a few times.
Quote: "Okay, got it, how do i brew beds."
Pages: 1 [2]