Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 6 caged Tentacle Clowns  (Read 1573 times)

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 6 caged Tentacle Clowns
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 11:16:20 am »

Elves? Better yet, drop nobles down there. It'll be harder to sell the engraving though.
and give  your demons syphillis

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 05:44:56 pm »

You can definitely chain up hostile creatures - my first GCS silk farm used a tame spider with a chained goblin as bait, and it worked spectacularly well. It would indeed scare dwarves away, but actually chaining it didn't cause too much trouble, likely because said goblins were prisoners of war and thus wouldn't struggle when being hauled around.

However, when I tried the same thing using a frogman captured from the underground river, the Dungeon Master (the only one with animal training enabled, and thus the only one who would haul the creature) would either run away after removing the frogman from its cage or simply beat it to death (in self defense) immediately after chaining it up. I suspect this problem would also result in the case of trying to chain up a clown.
I don't think an animal trainer has much chance of beating a clown to death...
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 06:01:25 pm »

THat would depend on the training regimen of your dwarves.  My haulers would most likely cause clowns some serious issues.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 07:18:43 pm »

Exactly. That won't stop it from trying, though...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

snaggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 08:40:34 pm »

You can definitely chain up hostile creatures - my first GCS silk farm used a tame spider with a chained goblin as bait, and it worked spectacularly well. It would indeed scare dwarves away, but actually chaining it didn't cause too much trouble, likely because said goblins were prisoners of war and thus wouldn't struggle when being hauled around.

However, when I tried the same thing using a frogman captured from the underground river, the Dungeon Master (the only one with animal training enabled, and thus the only one who would haul the creature) would either run away after removing the frogman from its cage or simply beat it to death (in self defense) immediately after chaining it up. I suspect this problem would also result in the case of trying to chain up a clown.

What if that same animal trainer is being followed by fifty excess war dogs?
Pages: 1 [2]