Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SPOILERS!!] Strange HFS...  (Read 664 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
[SPOILERS!!] Strange HFS...
« on: December 10, 2009, 02:00:00 am »

Well, I've already put spoilers in the heading, so I hope I won't have to put the spoilers here.

I was using Visual Fortress to inspect my fortress from above, cutting through a few layers. I noticed that there was the HFS chamber, over there. I thought nothing of it till I realised it was a fair few z-levels ABOVE the level with grass and trees, up inside the mountain! It also has a pit which is about 10 z-levels of a drop before it gets to the glowing pit bit.

Is this normal, or is something weird? I've never seen one like this. Will the clowns be able to escape their own pit?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Yagrum Bagarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS!!] Strange HFS...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:03:36 am »

I don't think it's strange.  In my current fortress I smashed into the glowing pit shaft by accident as I was digging a TC farm - about half a dozen z levels below the rooms and several z-levels above the sand desert floor.
DF gives "Last Living Dwarf" a whole new meaning.

.gif credit (and thanks) to Whitney

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:50:08 am »

Sounds perfectly normal to me.  The clowns don't come from the pit itself.  They spawn in the actual chamber when you breach it.

Have a nice time at the circus!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:16:13 am »

I've only had HFS once and the chamber started 4 levels below ground level.