Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do you look for in a new location?  (Read 1074 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you look for in a new location?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 02:24:04 am »

I just try to find a place with an immediately available infinite water source ( brook, river, stream, ocean ) .
That and plenty of wood and sand, since wood grows and sand is infinite, I got a lot of elves to piss off, and a lot of glass to make.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:25:44 am by Foa »

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 02:43:05 am »

Magma pipe, river, no aquifer. Anything else is gravy; I like savage/good/evil biomes simply for the interesting herbs, heavily wooded areas are nice simply for the way they support siege engineering and carpentry, and marshy areas tend to have interesting aminals.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 03:02:47 am »

I generally look for a magma pipe and a source of water. That source might be a brook, river, underground river, aquifier, ocean. Anything that provides an everlasting source. These two features should preferably be close together.

Other features which I prefer to have, but which aren't essentials, are a bottomless pit or chasm (for stone disposal), cliffs (for carving that grand entrance), sand, and trees. I don't currently look for HFS and flux, since I've never really needed either.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 03:06:48 am »

I try to find a place with a magma pipe, a bottomless pit and an underground river, as well as at least one soil layer and plenty of trees and plants.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:01 am »

Clown car.

Hot pipe.

Drowning juice.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 05:31:42 am »

Stream.

That's it. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]