Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Model United Nations Security Council==Sign Ups! (And North Korea Crisis!)  (Read 13874 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the United States being on lockdown didn't really help. :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* Servant Corps shrugs.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

Sorry. Had personal issues that prevented forum access for a while. I'm back.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While the MUN does nothing, the real life Security Council has passed a couple of sanctions on North Korea and called it a day. North Korea condemns the UNSC heavily and still call for nuclear nonproliferation.

It's funny that the real life Security Council is moving faster than the MUN.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:40:15 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Model United Nations Security Council==Sign Ups! (And North Korea Crisis!)
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2009, 12:55:08 pm »

Despite the fact that there is now a "denete" on the Korean pennisula, possibly due to the succession struggle being resolved, the ceasefire that ended the Korean War is still inactive, due to South Korea remaining a part of the PSI. So a "state of war" still exists. But North Korea doesn't seem to mention about that any more...suggesting that this entire ceasefire stunt was only rhetoric intended to spook people, and no more. Meanwhile, the PSI is seizing North Korea ships, and North Korea refuses to comment. Bah.

Of course, if South Korea actually tries to attack a North Korea ship...North Korea will be very angry.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Model United Nations Security Council==Sign Ups! (And North Korea Crisis!)
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:16 pm »

And now...North Korea returns to the Five-Party Talks. No concessions were made, other than Clinton's visit a while back.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601091&sid=aQRB0UFcj_po
* Servant Corps sighs. Good times at the MUN.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]