Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Service  (Read 1418 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Service
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:09 pm »

I have been playing Adventure mode on and off for a couple of months now, with a myriad of different adventures, visiting town after town. And here's the thing: i have never once had a mayor say anything beyond "we are quite untroubled here". I have NEVER gotten ANY missions. Why does this happen to me?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
Re: Service
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:25:32 am »

Try stoping world gen early so the megabeast are still alive.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:13:54 pm »

Or gain a title (5 significant kills, I believe) and get killed.  A mayor will usually call the fallen a hero and send the new adventurer off to kill whomever killed the fallen.  It's so much fun (and Fun) causing wars. :D

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:06:54 pm »

Does that actually cause a war (as in, recorded as a war in Legends mode) or does it just have the effect that eventually a series of random adventurers destroy an elf city?  I notice that when I get sent to attack cities that my civ is at war with, it doesn't count as a battle in Legends mode. :P

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:19:25 am »

Does that actually cause a war (as in, recorded as a war in Legends mode) or does it just have the effect that eventually a series of random adventurers destroy an elf city?  I notice that when I get sent to attack cities that my civ is at war with, it doesn't count as a battle in Legends mode. :P

That's because Legends records history and history stops at the end of worldgen.  The most Legends ever gets after worldgen is the direct actions of the fort/adventurer.  So it won't record a battle, but it doesn't change the fact that you were ordered to massacre a goblin tower.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:50:09 pm »

It's always kind of a let-down, though.  While you're actually playing in Adventure Mode, a leader tells you to go kill a Druid, and you go and lay waste to a forest retreat.  In Legends, it just says "hey, some vagrant came over and killed some people.  Then we strung him up on a wooden spike."

On the flipside, I'm always amused when it pops up named "battles" that really just amount to one human killing one elf in a forest somewhere.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:02:09 am »

I've gotten several missions to kill giants.
I got one as another adventurer
Even though his predoccessor killed it
And the leader said "HE WAS MERCILESS! HE STOLE PRICKLE BERRY!!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 09:57:35 am »

I just had a town leader ask me to kill some ordinary harmless guy in the same town as him.  This of course led to my being declared an enemy of everyone in the town.  Service quests need work.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 02:17:59 pm »

you dont have to kill them,thay just need to die.
try fire,set fire to 1 of your socks then dump it on them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG