Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Tunnels  (Read 1249 times)

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
Goblin Tunnels
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:20:38 am »

Reading the wiki when i came across a mention of underground goblin roads, does anyone have a bit more information on these, such as if there will be goblins or loot inside them, and how i can find one to explore.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:11:36 pm by Vayre »
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin "roads"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:58:50 am »

These are TUNNELS, not roads, and they dig them between mountain towers. You have to add [WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:ROAD] to their entity file to give them ability to build roads. And you won't find there anything special, but where these tunnels breach chasms there're bridges above a chasm and usually lots of chasm creatures to kill.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin "roads"
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 12:51:50 pm »

Has anyone ever embarked on (not in, i know that's not yet possible) a goblin or dwarven tunnel?  Always wanted to try, but the process of locating one seemed way too daunting. eh wrong forum

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Tunnels
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 02:11:21 pm »

I would like to point out that I said UNDERGROUND goblin roads, but yeah anyway goblin tunnels, so same thing, any information on how to find the entrances and what is usually inside them?
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:41:35 pm »

Heh. I took an adventurer through one once. He was one of my early adventurers, before I really understood how the game worked. Fresh out of character creation, went off to a Dark Fortress and was surprised to find mostly dwarves. Found a tunnel, walked for what must have been an hour, then ran into a massive pile of antmen and troglodytes. Game over.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 02:41:56 pm »

From my experience, Goblin tunnel entrances are usually found deep inside of certain goblin fortresses. My advice would be to just simply start visiting as many goblin fortresses and going down several floor, evetually it should lead to a passage that will take you into a tunnel.

Be aware that once you go into the tunnel you can't "travel" till you get out of the tunnel and they are usually very long. So bring some food and water in the process.

And be ready to fight many subterranian creature as well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:43:54 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 04:58:38 pm »

Also they can be shown on map.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository