Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm all alone... there's no-one here... BESIIIIIIIIDE ME!! [SOLVED]  (Read 847 times)

digitCruncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats how I feel at the moment. The year is 3004, and I have just managed to fight off 2 waves of gobbo sieges. Due to EXTREMELY bad luck, and some poor organisational planning (The first wave was a massacre, as I thought the siege trigger was 80 people, not 60), I have lost around 15 dwarves.

However, since the first seige (and about 2 seasons before that), I have been rapidly amassing wealth, and am nearly at 800K wealth. My magma smelters are running at full bore CONSTANTLY (all 6 furnaces, and 3 smelters) making tons of iron armor, in anticipation of the humans coming. My food stores are full to overflowing in anticipation of the elves. And my gobbo clothing is waiting for the dwarves, so I can *finally* get some flux.

But... wait!! I have missed the Dwarvish caravan in Autumn, AND the Elvish caravan in Spring. Whats more, I haven't had a new batch of immigrants since my Dungeon Master came just after the first gobbo siege! Is there a reason for this? In both seasons, a gobbo siege occured, but the caravans weren't killed by those... they just never came! I don't think I am going to get ANY immigrants until I get a successful caravan mission (as the dwarves don't know my wealth, so they can't send new immigrants), but I REALLY REALLY NEED a new Marksdwarf contingant!!

Am I right? Won't I get any immigrants until a caravan comes? And why are the dwarves and elves no longer coming to my awesome fort? And is it likely that the Humans won't come? (I will play a little longer to see if they do...)

[Edit]Checking the wiki confirms it... while under seige, I cannot get new caravans. And as such, I cannot get more recruits :(

This... sucks. Oh well... I will just have to wait until I get my serrated disks set up, and just let them pour in... In order to survive my path of traps, they will need to pass a group of serrated disks (practically insta-death), then 2 rows of cages, then a row of crossbow traps, then ANOTHER two rows of cages, and then they have to fight my dogs, and legendary guards.

*Save-scums and looks through the fort as it is in adventure mode*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:16:51 pm by digitCruncher »