Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*  (Read 10935 times)

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2009, 03:27:54 am »

Tired will get started when I wake. *falls off chair asleep*

*Edit* Will have the first season up sometime tonight.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:42:39 pm by deathstar175 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:25 pm »

I forgot about the last entry.

Lord Lego's Journal, 28th Obsidian, Winter 147
       Well, today's the last day of my term here.  I have no idea who the hell I'm going to pick as a successor.  There was some dwarf . . . I can't remember his name.  Sounded grim, the name.  I didn't like him.  I guess I'll throw it on him.  I guess I'll have to leave him a few notes telling him what to do to finish the vault.  I also guess I'm going to need to tell him the combination, too. 

I really hope he doesn't mess with the tomb or second dining hall plans.  Took ages to draw out those plans.  Let's face it, we need a tomb.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2009, 05:28:39 pm »

This is going quite a lot slower than I expected so I could only get half the first season done today so expect more tomorrow.

Excerpt from the Diary of "Rashvir" Pearllanced, Dungeon Master
1st Granite, Year 148

I have been here a while now working on various projects around the fortress. Things have been running smoothly with Legolord in charge, but now it is my time to shine I will take control of the fortress to serve my king and prepare ourselves for the coming onslaught...
For far too long I have gone without an office and tomb, these shall be just the first of my major projects this year.

12th Granite, Year 148

The site has been setup and digging for my office/tomb has begun. Things are starting to look up for me.

13th Granite, Year 148
(hastily written)

Why did I open my big mouth. A Vile force of Darkness has arrived and in my second week as overseer... Great. A goblin force 45 lin strong has arrived, fortunately I see no bows amidst their ranks.

14th Granite,

Our Hammer Dwarf Monom Ustuth was beheaded by the siege but not before taking out 2 leaders with one mighty blow from his hammer.

15th Granite,

Following Monom's death the goblins rallied and pressed into the fortress only to be mowed down in the goriest fashion by Asmel Trumpetbraid the Creative Armor he himself netting half a dozen kills with the remaining leaders among them. This broke the seige and now we can go on living.

22nd Granite,

It is now I have realized we have no tomb for the common, the area previously designated by the previous overseer has started to be dug out.

17the Slate,

Things have been going smoothly since the seige, and I have found more levers around the fortress than I know what to do with. Fortunately most are clearly labeled but their are a few I am hesitant to touch. In lighter news my tomb is almost finished, I just hope I dont have to use it for a very long time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2009, 05:36:51 pm »

We need to make a spine of floodgates that connects the magma pipe to every level of our fort. A true version of world f**king.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2009, 05:57:38 pm »

The lever triggering them will need to be magma proof.  Also, temperature will need to be reactivated (I didn't deactivate it).

I added some points of interest to the map on the archive.  You might want to go back and add in some POI sharing on your older maps, sonerohi.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2009, 07:22:29 am »

I've got POI sharing turned on for all but the very first.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2009, 11:32:19 pm »

Coninued Excerpts of Rashvir of Lancerworked

13th of Slate

What happened we are out of plump helmets and our growers can grow them fast enough, we have slowed production on booze but only to the point of stocking up on plump helmets and other food.

17th of Slate

Donnegan! you know we don't have any bismuth yet you persist on mandating bismuth items... If you weren't... Bah I will see what I can get.

26th of Slate

Time seems to have sped up and things on the food front are starting to look better. Meanwhile the demand for bismuth items from our mayor will be ignored for the time being.

2nd of Felsite

My office and tomb are almost complete only the legs of my inverted statue need to be mined out. As for other news the adamantite veins are being mined out to a further extent than previously thought.

15th of Felsite

Egads a craftsdwarf crack as I was walking by he screamed and ran, quickly following I saw he took over a craftdwarf shop and screamed for items.

18th of Felsite

Good news on two fronts, firstly the craftsdwarf has started constuction and secondly we dealt a swift blow to the rhesus maqacue population. Beer for everyone!

27th of Felsite

The craftsdwarf has finished his project and become a legendary bonecarver in the process. His creation is Duzlek, "Smearbrsitled" a turtle shell chain. I think our captain will like this. Or maybe the mayor...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really weren't kidding about it being sluggish in d11. I messed with some of the init files and tried to speed things up but still can't get passed 30 fps. Sometimes takes 2 hours for half a season. Will have more up in the next day or two.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2009, 07:45:08 am »

Well, 30 fps is better than what I was getting, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2009, 09:40:17 am »

Are you guys playing with max FPS set to 1500 like it was originally? I consistently get 200 FPS when the max is set that high.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2009, 09:45:45 am »

Increasing the max FPS will actually increase your FPS?  Awesome.  I had the cap at 100, and was consistently getting 15-20.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:24 pm »

Very long overdue bump.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2009, 09:28:12 pm »

I realize noone will still have the exact save, but does anyone still have the color scheme? It is just gorgeous and I desire it so much.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2009, 02:48:12 am »

People abandoning succession games seems to be a popular theme with this forum.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]