Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planned stuff for next release?  (Read 892 times)

RustKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Planned stuff for next release?
« on: November 27, 2009, 05:34:03 pm »

What exactly will we have for the next release in adventure mode?

I heard digging is going to be in, and something like the change of all body structure (will include skin, and all sorts...) ; what's that about, and when is it going to be in ? (in the next release?)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planned stuff for next release?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 05:39:19 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »

the easiest way to know is to listen to dwarf talk. Basically, any sort of global updates like the new body system, the new material variables, the new body descriptions etc etc will be in the adventure mode. specific advances are also covered but it's the new body system that interests me the most. I hope it has burns and burn scars.OOOOO I just realized that if it has burns we might be able to do branding at some point! I will gather all elven children and brand "Inferior product" on their foreheads.

That or maybe making a metal that automatically stays at an extremely high temperature and using it to make something that equates to a lightsaber.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 04:18:58 pm »

The upcoming release will have few direct changes to Adv. Mode.  The main changes will be the new material system (which will substantially change how your weapons and armor work), the new body/wounding system (compound fractures, infections, piercing weapons not so utterly lethal), the new skills/attributes system (the way your adventurer levels up will be quite different), and the different civilization structure that you'll encounter walking around towns etc.  Oh, and the new underground you can explore, filled with horrible monsters and less crappy caves.

Adventurer digging is NOT going in in the next version.  That's part of the Adv. Skills stuff from dev_next:

After this release, the next series of shorter releases will be made up of, in no set order:
1) Improved sieges against your fortress
2) Adventurer skills/entity stuff, per the dev next stuff
3) Eternal suggestions voting stuff

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 11:56:37 am »

the new body/wounding system (compound fractures, infections, piercing weapons not so utterly lethal)
No more overpowered elf archers!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:31 pm »

the new body/wounding system (compound fractures, infections, piercing weapons not so utterly lethal)
No more overpowered elf archers!
which means YAY! More elf genocide!