Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Creature stuck in midair.  (Read 2099 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature stuck in midair.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 11:41:50 am »

I had it happen to a wrestler. Probably was thrown. The save thing is interesting though, I'll have to check into that. If we've found the cause, Toady might be able to knock this bug out for the next version which would be awesome. I lost a champion to this once, he was just hovering in my barracks for years.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 11:50:43 am »

I haven't had this happen to me, yet, but yea I hear all the time that it happens when the game saves right when something is in midair.

The best way to test this is likely with a drop chute so that you can actually catch the critter falling.

No idea if the autosave (seasonal or annual) or the manual is what does it or both.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 12:38:43 pm »

Toady was asking for a save file in that other thread that Captain posted.  I'd suggest sending him a copy so he can have a look at it.

KG

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:12 pm »

I will look into locating and posting the link.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.
Pages: 1 [2]