Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Editing Announcement Text  (Read 588 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Editing Announcement Text
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

I'm looking to change the start-of-game text and the various trade notification text. I'm working on Liberal Crime Fortress and I need to make the description a little bit more applicable. (e're the conservatives get hungry...)
Does anyone know the format of and/or best way to edit the mysterious announcement files?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Announcement Text
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »

I'm looking to change the start-of-game text and the various trade notification text. I'm working on Liberal Crime Fortress and I need to make the description a little bit more applicable. (e're the conservatives get hungry...)
Does anyone know the format of and/or best way to edit the mysterious announcement files?

I know its possible to change the text of the various diplomats and such - That's in Data/Dipscript/   Doing a quick search for 'vile' and 'darkness' didn't turn anything up except in the actual language files so you might have to wait until another release... Those messages seem to be hardcoded.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Announcement Text
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:52:48 am »

"ere the conservatives get hungry..."

I believe the creature that gets hungry in the opening text is randomly chosen from the predators that live in the fortress' region.  If you make a predator called a "conservative" that lives in the right biome, you should see it show up eventually.