Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Do I have a gay dwarf? (honestly homosexual relationship in game)  (Read 15307 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Do I have a gay dwarf? (honestly homosexual relationship in game)
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »

The only questions of importance to Dwarf Fortress are has this actually happened; is it supposed to happen; and does it add something interesting to the game?

Of course, there's little chance of the discussion becoming on-topic. Personally, I'd nuke the thread from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Refer to the post above.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2009, 09:04:23 pm »

Yes seriously this isn't a productive area of discussion.

There's a point to all of these statements. More importantly: This is a Forum, in other words a place for open discussion. The topic has served its purpose (it's just an instance of a well-documented old bug that is fixed afaik). There's no reason not to take it wherever we like. We're not polluting a useful topic, nor a thread where it is problematic like DF Questions or DF Suggestions.

The problem is that the area of discussion isn't one that can reach a favorable conclusion. Not that it has nothing to do with the topic.

I already know where this arguement is going to go and that road is one that is best not traveled especially since this isn't the forum appropriate.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2009, 09:05:09 pm »

Well thank you. I was about to just stop posting, since people seem to only have knowledge of the very recent view of things. You really can't simply take our modern, accept everything and we will all be OK viewpoint and apply it to history nor practicality.

What?  You made unsubstantiated claims about the modern psychological community and now you're saying we don't have a broad enough view of history?  Why are you changing the topic?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]