Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HELP!!! I need to save my Legendary Metalsmith!  (Read 2979 times)

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!! I need to save my Legendary Metalsmith!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 01:37:49 pm »

I was going to suggest forbidding the guard's weapon and setting him to Unarmed (Forbid the Hammerer's hammer, too).  While there's still a risk of strangulation or a broken bone, the chances of death aren't as great as they would be if he's armed.

I like to make my Captain a perma-veg ex-militia (i.e. yellow lower spine), so nobles are happy that I have one, and dwarves are happy that he isn't coming to kill them.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!! I need to save my Legendary Metalsmith!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 02:02:59 pm »

I was going to suggest forbidding the guard's weapon and setting him to Unarmed (Forbid the Hammerer's hammer, too).  While there's still a risk of strangulation or a broken bone, the chances of death aren't as great as they would be if he's armed.

I like to make my Captain a perma-veg ex-militia (i.e. yellow lower spine), so nobles are happy that I have one, and dwarves are happy that he isn't coming to kill them.

Realize that nobles will still be upset that punishments aren't being dealt for failed mandates.
Pages: 1 [2]