Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blank, valueless extract  (Read 829 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Blank, valueless extract
« on: November 23, 2009, 07:37:35 pm »

There is a blank, valueless extract in my modded game. In my stocks menu, it lies between dwarven grape jam and pear jam. I cannot pinpoint which plant's extract raws are causing that problem. My game's current status is wholly chaotic and I can't acquire gnomeblight or such to pinpoint it further.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please help.  :'(
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Blank, valueless extract
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:01:36 pm »

I see no problems from a quick look... Could it be something with EXTRACT_STILL_VIAL and EXTRACT_COOKABLE? I haven't tried to cook anything from a vial. Also , are there some creatures with extracts for you? Maybe they are causing it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:38 pm »

[EXTRACT:cultured oil]

oil seed is missing stuff

should be [EXTRACT:cultured oil:X:X:X] where X are numerals
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:51:03 pm by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:42:53 pm »

And I never saw cultured oil in my game! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:23:37 am »

Nice set of plants, have any more, I think I'd like to copy some into my own games.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 06:18:51 am »

This is tangential to your post, but this looks like it has promise, so:

First off, I suggest splitting new plants into a separate matgloss file from the old ones, even if the old ones are modded. Makes life much easier for those who might want to use multiple mods. With as many as you have, even splitting it into above/underground might or might not be a thing to consider.

Second, regarding pref strings(iron spice caught my eye): As far as I know, prefstrings don't necessarily involve a preference to consume that particular plant. Most prefstrings are for something other than taste as a result, even for foods.

Third and last: you have "wild Lentils", meaning that L will always be capitalized; it seems a bit jarring to be the only such plant.

On a positive note, I like the thought that's going into the names. They make sense (what I saw from the skim I did), without falling into "cave [MUNDANENAME]". As the world of DF is distinct even aboveground from our own, anything that keeps it that way is something I approve of wholeheartedly.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 04:07:23 am »

They are not all mine; I have made some and taken others from many different popular DF mods. That being said, I can keep my sanity with the giant files because I alphabetize the entries.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 04:19:28 am »

Ah, that makes sense. Apologies for the hijack, then; I'm not a very active mod-hunter(because world gen takes waaaay too long on my machine), but I do like seeing mods that add flavour while keeping originality, more so than ones which only add more things from the real world. (Detail's nice, but so is detail which is distinctly DF, even if it fills a similar niche to the familiar.)
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.