Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics: One tilepage not masking properly  (Read 581 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphics: One tilepage not masking properly
« on: November 28, 2009, 05:00:52 pm »

I saw Deon's ratmen graphics and figured I had to give it a shot. I borrowed Mayday's tileset from DFG, slapped it in, spent a while poking at the graphics .txt file, and here's what I got:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the relevant file:

The rats depicted are supposed to be, from left to right: a farmer; a miner; a mechanic; a leatherworker.

I'm guessing that the specific crafts aren't falling back to the generic professions; is there a way to get that to happen short of slapping it all in by hand?

But even without that, it leaves the issue of the magenta background not being, well, background-y. Is there something I'm missing with regards to that?

(Thanks to all the relevant artists for the tiles.)

(Edit: I realize know that I have TAX_COLLECTOR where it should be TAXCOLLECTOR as well. Fixed locally, but left here in case the effect blossoms from it...)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:21:26 am by Shurhaian »
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:24:48 pm »

At a quick glance it looks like your missing the entry for the mechanic in your text file. Unless I'ts there and I'm just going blind.. which is a possibility. And it appears your magenta is the wrong shade hence its showing up as the background colout and hence getting coloured in both the named sprites and the mechanic that is defaulting to the default sprite... Hope that helps

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »

As a confirmation that I need to put the specific professions in there explicitly, yes, it does. I'll have to pass along word about the improper shade of magenta.

Thanks!

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 02:43:59 pm »

Bumping to say that I sent the graphics file to someone with a proper photo-editing program, and they confirmed that the magenta being used here is indeed #FF00FF. Is there anything else that might be causing this problem? I've got other graphics installed, and they're working fine.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics: One tilepage not masking properly
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:53:50 am »

One last bump before I toss this one into a bug request. Any thoughts?

Further discovery: Opening the PNG in MS Paint and saving it as a bitmap yields a file that doesn't work at all in 40d. As a 16-bit or 256 color bitmap, each unit is a black square; as a 24 bit, it's a jumbled graphical mess. What the heck could be going wrong with the conversion? The images look fine outside of DF, but in game:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:12:31 pm by Shurhaian »