Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Map request: glacier, volcano, HFS, and underground river  (Read 668 times)

seanose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Map request: glacier, volcano, HFS, and underground river
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:09:28 pm »

Ideally on a 5x5 map.  Also, definitely need access to civilizations.

I know it's asking a lot, but I'm just curious if anyone has seen a map like this.  I have tundra/volcano/HFS/underriver, but I really want a glacier!  I also found the desired combo complete, but on an island, which displeased me.

Thanks in advance! :)

(Not unrelated thought: fire clowns melt icebridge, plummet into traps...?  But mostly I want to experience glaciers!)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Map request: glacier, volcano, HFS, and underground river
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:40:39 pm »

Try asking in the worldgen cookbook thread, that place is great for asking for Gens, as everybody there is good with them.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:49:05 pm »

I recently found/posted a site that might do:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=44474.0

You'll have to go to 5x6 to get both the underground river and the magma, which is in a tube and not a literal volcano. 5x7 will get you a lot more glacier ice to work with. Has sand, flux, HFS, a bottomless pit, and lots of different minerals/gems/bauxite. No coal I could find, but there is a fair amount of trees. Full civilization access.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

seanose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:26:40 pm »

Good idea; I'd never noted the worldgen cookbook thread.  Thanks!

I did find something very close to good in the post above: unfortunately it's very subtly different, and the parts don't quite work to get a small embark spot.

Thanks!