Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evony Ads  (Read 3391 times)

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evony Ads
« on: November 24, 2009, 07:52:11 pm »

So my friend got me back into watching Anime. I am once again obsessed with the Japanese.

Anyway on the site where im watching it, are always 3 ads surrounding my video with evony ads of girls in bras and such. What is wrong with evony?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evony Ads
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »

Girls IN bras? I haven't seen an Evony ad with bras for a month, probably.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:23:16 pm »

Girls IN bras? I haven't seen an Evony ad with bras for a month, probably.
They have full out spreads with them in nothing but bras and panties now.

The question that I have is.. how does that relate to the game?  ???

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:39:24 pm »

The question that I have is.. how does that relate to the game?  ???
Heres the funny thing:

It dosent!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 09:52:04 pm »

Basiclly false advertising, I'm kinda surprised they haven't gotten hit with a lawsuit or something.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:01:19 pm »

Evony's ads have been pretty well-documented.

They were always pretty vague/misinformative about what the game is about (Save the queen? Save your lord? It's a strategy game!), then they started to get more risque.

I've seen one Flash ad that's just some chick with an animated sweatdrop dripping down her face and neck. Seriously.

Oh, and some of the game's graphical content is ripped from other games (allegedly), they are run by some company that gets its money from World of Warcraft gold-farming (allegedly), and their policies have caused a fair amount of spam on the internet.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 10:24:37 pm »

WANNA PLAY MYLORD?

Someone go and make a dwarf version
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 10:27:24 pm »

Joseph Hewitt's opinion on the matter:
http://ataraxiatheatre.com/2009/10/02/a-real-drag/

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:06:27 am »

Also this is just a wild stab in the dark, but a game of this quality (have you seen the descriptions they didn't rip from other games?) does not have 15 million players.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 02:15:17 am »

The description on one of their more blatantly ignoring the actual game part advertisements. "Why we have them: Because it makes you feel like king".
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 08:14:10 am »

I hate this game beacause it spams things that i like with pictures i do not like. >:(

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 12:30:52 pm »

Also this is just a wild stab in the dark, but a game of this quality (have you seen the descriptions they didn't rip from other games?) does not have 15 million players.

Well, they do advertise everywhere. If even 1% of the internet click the ads and half of them actually bother to sign up, I don't doubt that they have 15 million players. They never said active players. Hell, if even 0.0001% of that 15 million pay for the $30 beginner's package, they've reaped a lot of money from all this. I know some people who've spent over $200 on it.

Proves that you can make enough money from complete copied and pasted garbage if you price it high enough and toss ads everywhere. Combine it with some heavy addiction and play upon people's natural willingness to win, and you get this. It reminds me of the tobacco industry, it sucks, it's pointless, it's bad for you, but it just reaps huge profits because it's everywhere.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.