Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Schoolies Week  (Read 859 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Schoolies Week
« on: November 19, 2009, 05:59:26 am »

With my schoolies week (Basically a week in which all the kids graduating highschool and some paedophiles gather to celebrate) coming up I thought I'd just create this topic see if any of you have stories from schoolies or any equivilant you would like to share.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Schoolies Week
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:49:35 am »

As I know it, it's an excuse to get drunk and forget everything that happened in school.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:45:59 am »

Well strictly generalising yeah but there is plenty of fun to be had by all.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 03:50:36 am »

I spent my schoolies week as far away from other schoolies as humanly possible. Found a nice quiet beach on the South Coast (of NSW) with a few friends and we basically slept for a week straight inbetween playing board games and watching bad Jackie Chan movies.

Hell is other people. Super Hell is high school students. Mega Super Ultimate Hell is high school students on a drinking binge.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 04:00:56 am »

Yeah about 30,000 people coming up this year...And that's just the ones who have booked apartments. Still I am staying with 4 friends and have plenty more at different places around the Gold Coast so I should be able to avoid any unfortunate situations excluding just plain bad luck of course.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 05:13:49 am »

Is it just because I'm an American, or because I basically was totally isolated from most of the school that this whole idea is alien to me? Including the idea of high school students (en masse at least) drinking alcohol.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 09:21:37 pm »

You americans are rather... scared of your booze aren't you?

But yeah, I didn't go (2 years back). Going to the coast, getting continually pissed, really didn't sound fun to me. If i needed to drink for a week straight to "celebrate" something major happening my life is already not worth living.
Magma is overrated.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 12:03:00 am »

We're more scared of idiots that can't handle their beer. Modesty and control are not highly valued here in the states, so noone will try to stop some idiot from pounding back until he's blitzed, then letting him walk off and do whatever.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 02:55:30 am »

I'd swear that the word "Moderation" is actually illegal to use in the US.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 06:07:12 am »

I didn't party ever in highschool. Until Senior Summer. I don't know about the rest of the country but in California, Partying isn't out of the usual, especially around halloween and random weekends. However, senior summer is even more partying ( if that is possible). I went to one party, it was terrible.