Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40D16] Flashing Screen [Solved]  (Read 1699 times)

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40D16] Flashing Screen [Solved]
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:24:57 pm »

[Solved]: I went onto my Graphic Card manager and I saw that Triple Buffering and Force 24-bit Z-buffer depth (Which I have no clue of what they do) were toggled off and asked my friend on Skype if I should enable them and he said that it could help and it did, flashing stopped.

Well I just got into this game from my friend who heard it from a friend so I tried it, but the moment I started the game from the menu and onwards the screen would constantly flash, I have used the init.txt to try to configure a few things (which I can not name at the moment as I type) which seemed to help by stopping the flash in the menu but a lesser flash in the game-map screen and a wave of black while paused or in menu, it could have something to do with my graphics card but I am not sure.

P.S: After using a tile set (or graphics pack) it seems to flash like crazy but also the resolution is now manually put to 1280x1024 which is my desktop resolution but I did not use that originally for the original Dwarf Fortress (no graphics pack/tile set) I used 800x600.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:34:13 am by LemmingKing »