Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A bunch of dwarvenly questions... (wells/waterfalls/GCS/taming/pets...)  (Read 1741 times)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A bunch of dwarvenly questions... (wells/waterfalls/GCS/taming/pets...)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 04:56:37 am »

Regarding reveal:  Did you try reveal2, linked above?  It DOES open and close near-instantly, but if nothing has changed on your map, then it's probably not working.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 05:23:39 am »

Unassigning things from your civ tends to release them...

... except when your own Dwarves get accidentally caged. Then you cannot release them by simply unassigning them from the cage. A lever will free them, or you can pit them into a space that they can easily escape from.
Never pet a burning dog.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »

When uncaging dangerous animals or creatures manually, be sure to build the cage on the same tile you've placed an interactivity zone pit on.

Otherwise the creature will be given potentially enough time to react to being uncaged, and then cause the dwarf to cancle the job of throwing them into the pit. Mayhem ensues.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

cyclotis04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 02:46:26 am »

9. Where the hell is the underground river/water pool in "dwarf heaven" exactly? It's driving me nuts, and can't get reveal.exe to work, and I know where it is vaguely, but have yet to find the bloody thing.
Re reveal: Have you marked the entire bottom level for digging, then umarked it, before running reveal?  This is required to force the game to fill in the data for all of the levels.  Be sure to do this on an expendable copy of your fortress, then revert to the unrevealed copy.  Magma and underwater sources don't work right if you find them with reveal instead of by digging to them.
Actually, with reveal, the underground features are already loaded, so just running reveal will get them to show up without doing any designating-at-the-bottom trickery.  Doing that is only needed if you want to see EVERY BIT OF STONE.

I think the problem is that reveal isn't working with Zarhon's version of DF.  I use Reveal2, which is updated to work with 40d16.  It also says that it works on Vista and Windows 7, but it works on Windows XP just fine, too.
[/quote]

Not every feature is loaded. They just have a good chance of being. I've had HFS stay hidden till I designate the bottom
Pages: 1 [2]