Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim weirdness  (Read 1550 times)

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaim weirdness
« on: December 08, 2009, 06:53:42 pm »

So my fortress tantrum spiralled into oblivion, and I reclaimed. I'm noticing various things lying around - logs, blocks of metal, etc, that the dwarves aren't touching, despite them not being forbidden and activities going on that would use them. There's even two corpses from the previous go that simply won' rot, and the dwarves won't touch them even though I both have a graveyard stockpile, and when that didn't work I marked them for dumping. What's going on?

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim weirdness
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 06:56:43 pm »

Anything that was queued to be used in a job becomes unusable.  No real idea why, it just does.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:58:37 pm »

Yep, it's a reported bug.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:59:53 pm »

Yeah, if items are marked with TSK they're effectively forbidden. I'm not sure if anyone's found a solution. Might try forbidding and unforbidding them but I'm sure someone's tried it already.

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:09:03 pm »

Channeling out the floor they're on returns them to the real world, but leaves you with a really torn-up map.

Playbahnosh

• Bay Watcher
  • The Peacemaker
    • View Profile
    • PC Dome
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »

Channeling out the floor they're on returns them to the real world, but leaves you with a really torn-up map.

well, you can always fill the gaps with walls and floors, if that's any consolation. Alternatively, you can build traps with pressure plates, floor grates and repeater spikes on the bottom. Some creative ways of using unnecessary gaps :)
"We do it on the stove. It's nice to have hot sex for once...and fries"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:09:24 pm »

There's usually the magma option.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

snaggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:40:53 pm »

Instead of using channels, you could always build a support with a floor on top next to it and collapse the support, blowing the item away. If you don't have two z levels to work with, you could always wash it around with some water/magma (with the obvious consequences).

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 01:12:42 pm »

Just a Dwarven Atom Smasher
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 01:38:48 pm »

The atom smasher doesn't work because it can't be built over the items. They're untouchable until the task involving them is completed, which it never will be.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels