Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flooded waterwheels and rocks falling through river source tiles  (Read 341 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flooded waterwheels and rocks falling through river source tiles
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:04:40 pm »

It's me again, here to pester you all with more questions. So here they are.

1. If I drop a level of natural rock via cave-in through a cave river source tile, does it stop functioning?

2. If 7/7 water covers both levels of a waterwheel (with a direct connection to the river, of course) does it still generate power?

I have a cave river far above my fortress and am trying to make a cistern directly from the source tiles, then pipe the water over waterwheels and back up to my fortress, you see.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Flooded waterwheels and rocks falling through river source tiles
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:23 pm »

1. Yes. The waterfall tile needs to remain as it is for it to function properly. Dropping floors on it will cease it from functioning. You can, however, cave in the waterfall tiles, and it will produce water on the level where it lands.

2. I'm not sure. My instincts are telling me both yes and no on this one. I suspect that it might still produce power, but don't take my word for it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flooded waterwheels and rocks falling through river source tiles
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:13:09 pm »

I don't know 1, but on question 2, yes, water can flow if it is 7/7 everywhere, there appears to be a separate tag for the water whether or not it is flowing.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.)