Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Serkib and Fenrir's Den  (Read 3636 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Serkib and Fenrir's Den
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 02:28:46 pm »

DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 02:30:42 pm »

it looks like I still suck.
Never quite understood what the deal with people having that point of view is.
Immature roleplaying, a flair for the melodramatic, disappearing without explaining why... I can see where I might get on peoples' nerves.
You might be surprised to find out that fishersalwaysdie was banned in your absence.
No, I'm not all that surprised.
FENRIR!!!!

It's good to see you back. I'd share stories of my failed campaign to get you elected Baron, but we try not to talk about VN anymore.
FENRIR!!!!

It's good to see you back. I'd share stories of my failed campaign to get you elected Baron, but we try not to talk about VN anymore.
You did? I'm flattered, but don't we usually kill nobles? Why don't we talk about VN anymore?

Fenrir!  Damn dude, you just don't give up, do you?  Man, this place must really have its hooks in you. Heh heh.
It certainly does. Can't quite explain it.
Whatever happened to that Runelike you were working on?  That was looking pretty cool. 
I abandoned that one, but I've been thinking about picking it up again.
By the way, the current package of Serkib hosted at your place appears to not be independent.  Might want to point out what all else needs to be downloaded/run in order to work it.
Yeah, forgot to mention that you need to download the GTK+ Runtime Environment.
Here's hoping you stick around for a while.  I won't go so far as to say you'll add a touch of class to the place, but you'll certainly add...  'something'.
Thanks, Kagus.
EDIT:  Oh, here's something...  Ever done a Let's Play?  I was just making a comment about how nobody has made the connection between Dwarf Fortress and Diggles yet.
Did my Medi Eggamazes thread count as a Let's Play? I might give Diggles a try.
Wow, FENRIR? Is that really you? My old best bud?

Wow... I can't belive how long it has been... So much as changed. The forums are a completly diferent place memeticaly. Peaple who I could not posibly imagine it without actually arived after you left. Hell, I have changed as well, so much and in so many ways... It really getsone thinking seeing somone from so long ago...

*Armok hugs Fenrir in a cuddly fashion!!* ^_^
I'd hug ya back, old friend, but I don't have arms.

Fenrir grins.

I hope you've been behaving yourself.

Erm, what's with the pink? Um, and cuddliness? You have changed.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 02:33:41 pm »

The story as I understand it is that a while back Fenrir made a topic about leaving (or a few?) and then left but didn't really leave and kept reading the forum threads and occasionally posting. And that went on for a while, until Fenrir actually left and deleted his account, upon which somebody took his account name.
He only made the one post and after every time he posted it would have *appears* at the beginning then *disappears* afterward. Eventually he fully deleted his account to signify he wouldn't be coming back.

But beforehand he was fairly well known, IIRC he made the first ever community fortress just after I joined, although that may have been Kagus. But I'm fairly sure it was one of them.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 02:34:42 pm »

Somehow Armok mutated into the god of hugs. It's... Strange. Everyone is probobally gonna say It's my fault but hey he started it! XD
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 02:35:37 pm »

Damn, I was just about to blame you Sofia!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »

And he's also 'into' animals.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 02:41:38 pm »

Why don't we talk about VN anymore?

...You just don't. At the end of it's lifetime, it became filled with spam and...other crap.

...Where's Dasleah's post on it... Here it is! It's in an unquotable locked topic, so...

DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 04:00:00 pm »

Various Nonsense is no more, it died quite some time ago.  In its place arose VN, a corruption of its former glory. 

It went from bad to worse.  Flaming, rampant memes, hentai, everything the Bay12 forum members used to pride themselves on not having.  Basically, we had an internet infection.

So, VN (again, not to be confused with Various Nonsense, which was a happy, shiny place that looked like radioactive mold) entered into forum history as the first board that got first locked and then deleted. 

In response, a few of the heavy contributors to VN created a sister-site that they referred to as "New VN".  It's basically just VN, without the moderators or the activity.  Personally, I can't recommend it, but some people seem to enjoy it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 04:57:33 pm »

It' had maybe three new posts in a month and one of those was Armok trying to turn a retarded statement by me into a meme.

Him and three other people. They failed, by the way.

Anyway, Armok is now the butt of many jokes. I'm not sure if he was like that before, but I'm sure you'll find he's changed slightly.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 11:32:14 pm »

Armok was never the butt of any jokes, except maybe that Armok vs. the Eye-Rollers thing. That was one of my unfortunate lapses of good taste.

Anyways, I'm now running a community adventurer on my forum. It's been a long while since I last wrote anything, so please excuse the rough start.

http://fenrirsden.x10hosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 03:53:54 am »

Greetings and salutations Fenrir. Your reputation precedes you, much the way Aqizzar is preceded by his chin, and even though I have never met you before (because I started posting just as you were leaving), I for one welcome the return of our evil overseers, friendly ex-pat.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 04:54:09 pm »

I thought new VN was dead. Anyway, old VN is retconned. Never happened.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]