Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Linkrealms MMO (in Beta)  (Read 4320 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Linkrealms MMO (in Beta)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 04:47:19 pm »

...the cock inspector ... will tell you... about your "bird". Things like how ... he prefers ... in your face....

THEY DO WHAT!?  8)
I got nothing

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »

Runescape upgrade?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:12:10 pm »

See, to me, this is a great idea. A bunch of players being able to establish themselves as, basically, gods in their own little area. That's a REALLY good concept. It's just that I can't really see much content in this game, sadly.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 06:27:15 pm »

See, to me, this is a great idea. A bunch of players being able to establish themselves as, basically, gods in their own little area. That's a REALLY good concept. It's just that I can't really see much content in this game, sadly.

The website is extremely outdated there quiet a bit of content but it not as noticeable right off the bat. Being that it still in early beta there isn't a whole lot of things to do but there is an awesome community of people and players the rooster mechanic has a lot of content and there plenty of dungeons to check out. when you first jump in the game you will be greeted by the beta player (guides) they will help you play and understand the game and even guide you around and show you player realms. the game has regular updates and things get added frequently as far as i know the next update should be adding a whole slew of new stuff to play with.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 02:13:12 am »

Hate to double post this but figured I would show this off. I was in the process of deciding on what to do with my new found rooster, when one of the players came to the hen house and left his rooster in the pen with the hens. after he had left this is what had grown up. There a lot of finite detail you can't see from the picture because of compression. click the spoiler

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:39:27 pm by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Miky

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I leik Potatos :3
    • View Profile
    • LR
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 02:54:44 pm »

Ive been a reader of this forum for quite a while and i found this game about a year or so ago and would like to say it is an absolutely great game that is unlike any MMO before it, it incorporates a many number of new mechanics that make it a very unique game to play. I would thoroughly recommend this game to anyone, even if you just try it out for a short period its defiantly a game that's worth taking a look at.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:06:54 pm by Miky »
Miky

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 03:22:22 pm »

Miky, glad that you finally found something worth registering and posting for. Welcome to the community.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »

Hi mikey glad I'm not the only bay12er here who enjoys this game, and in turn I hope we get more bay12 members come tomorrow

Also all who signed up for the beta and get in please feel free to contact me (IGN is Kregoth) and I'll help you get started :) would love to talk some dwarf fortress Fun stories with everyone :) although my character is still pretty noobish :P

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »

Hey. Just received an email accepting me into the beta.

Downloading the client now.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »

Just an update to those who are interested, I was given the chance to conduct an interview with the devs on the streaming site www.qubetubers.com.

Here is there video in it's raw format on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/PFS2aqUuJjM it was a joy to chat with the devs on the game and get a lot of information about what is planned for the future for this indie mmo.

Enjoy :)
Pages: 1 [2]