Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode crafting  (Read 717 times)

Lynx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventure mode crafting
« on: September 28, 2007, 01:09:00 am »

Hi, i've been playing adventure mode alot lately, and I feel that crafting would be a nice addition to it.

One thing that really bugs me is the amount of wild animals I kill, which all go to waste since they don't seem to be worth anything for trade, and I can't take their skins to make stuff or cook and eat the meat.

Since Fortress mode already allows you to build and craft stuff, why not add it in adventure mode as well? Imagine being able to forge your own Masterpiece weapons, make a full set of stylish Exceptional quality cheetah suit (the ladies will be all over you!) etc.

It could be an excuse to add NPC-run workshops too, where industrious adventurers could hone their crafting skills (for a fee of the equipment use of course).

It would also be cool to have a new (Crafting) skill not directly related to combat.   :D

[ September 28, 2007: Message edited by: Lynx ]

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Adventure mode crafting
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 01:37:00 am »

ADVENTURER SKILLS ARC: It's nice to have all those jobs and professions sitting around in the dwarf mode. The adventurer should be able to do these things, especially those skills related to survival in the wilderness. Related to Req302, Req327, Bloat160 and PowerGoal15.

From the Dev Notes, which the top of the forum says to read before suggesting things.

[ September 28, 2007: Message edited by: Capntastic ]

Lynx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 01:54:00 am »

My apologies, I did a search on the forums but it was specifically "adventure mode crafting". Didn't think it was a "massive and complicated plan for improvement" either, but i guess it is from a coding standpoint.  :(

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:00 am »

In your defense, the dev notes aren't that accessible.
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.